© 2021 Yussman Special Needs Law
Yussman Special Needs Law offers the convenience of an East End office,
Attorney Jeff Yussman
As the parents of two special needs children, Jeff Yussman and his wife, Zoe Ann, know what’s at stake. Jeff’s extensive experience as a special needs and estate planning attorney is matched only by his passion for helping his clients. When so much is on the line, trust in someone who knows what it’s like to sit where you are sitting.
Jeff is a nationally recognized expert on special needs law and estate planning. He serves as an officer on the national board of the Special Needs Alliance, is quoted in national publications on special needs planning topics, and is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Jeff understands personally the unique challenges of caring and planning for a family member with special needs, allowing him to provide holistic and practical advice.
Jeff frequently works alongside other attorneys to offer advice on complex estate planning and special needs laws. For example, when a family or individual receives a judgment or settlement in a lawsuit, Jeff will work with the family’s counsel to assure that the payments don’t jeopardize government benefits otherwise due the disabled person. He also has extensive experience serving as a neutral or partisan consultant in mediations.
For the future
Planning for someone with special needs requires considerations over and beyond those of a typical estate plan. Jeff’s 35 years of estate planning experience are invaluable assets when planning for the future.
More Testimonials from Our Families
Special Legal Announcements
That May Be Important To You
Accolades & Expertise
- Member & Treasurer, Board of Directors, of the national Special Needs Alliance
- Woodward White’s The Best Lawyers in America© for 2018 in the areas of elder law and trusts and estates
- Fellow in American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers” in the area of Disability Law, Elder Law and Trusts, Wills & Estates Law by Louisville Magazine, 2016
- Highest Professional AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Recognized by his peers in Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- See more
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Legal Planning for Protecting Government Benefits Available to Persons with Special Needs, Western Kentucky University’s Special Needs Summit, October 13, 2017
- Transition, Estate and Trust Planning for Young Adults with Special Needs, Summit Academy of Greater Louisville, January 25, 2017
- Special Needs Trust Planning for Families, Kentucky Society of CPAs’ “CPAs & Seniors” Conference, December 8, 2015
- See more